Location and Digital Connectivity
Stevenage as a business destination is strategically located and provides you with a highly attractive and accessible location to London, Cambridge and Oxford, the rest of the UK, Europe and the world.
Its excellent transport infrastructure provides you with global connectivity.
Stevenage is located between J7 and J8 on the A1 (M) providing great connectivity north and south.
Stevenage offers less congestion and significant labour and property costs savings in comparison to London and neighbouring areas.
You can be in central London in only 19 minutes.
Stevenage offers a strategic location with access to:
- over 8m+ highly skilled workforce, within an hour.
- a highly entrepreneurial and innovative economy.
- a supply chain of world class businesses and assets to support.
- a number of advantages being so close to London, the centre of international trade and commerce.
For International travel, Stevenage boasts easy access to 3 international airports, all within 45 minutes’ drive.
- London Luton Airport – 20 minutes by car
- London Stansted Airport – 40 minutes by car
- Heathrow Airport – 1 hour by car
- Gatwick Airport – 1 hour 40 minutes by car
Stevenage mainline railway station provides a fast and frequent service to London Kings Cross. The station has plans for expansion to support additional services and further connectivity.
Stevenage is situated on the main East Coast London to Edinburgh railway line with direct services to London, Cambridge, Peterborough, Leeds, York and Glasgow Central to provide fast and easy travel across the UK.
- Stevenage Railway Station – 4.8m passengers per year
- Kings Cross/St Pancras with trains to mainland Europe – 20 minutes
- Cambridge – 37 minutes – 4 trains per hour
- Peterborough – 29 minutes
- Leeds – 1 hour 50 minutes
Lumo a brand new East Coast service provides fast trains between London and Edinburgh, with stops at Stevenage and Newcastle on route, vastly reducing journey times and adding to Stevenage’s connective status.
- Newcastle – 2 ½ hours
- Edinburgh – 4 hours
Car Average Journey times
- M25 London Orbital – 20 minutes by car
- Cambridge – 50 minutes by car
- London Luton Airport 20 minutes by car
- London Stansted Airport 40 minutes by car
- Heathrow – 46 minutes by car
- London City Airport – 58 minutes
- Harwich – 1 hour 40 minutes by car
- Felixstowe – 1 hour 50 minutes
Stevenage Bus Interchange
Stevenage Bus Station is undergoing a £8m major refurbishment transformation, as part of the major town centre regeneration programme. It will deliver greater transport connectivity in and around Stevenage. Stevenage Bus Station provides a local bus service in to the town along with connectivity to surrounding villages, Hitchin, Letchworth and Hertford.
National Express Service in the town provides wider connectivity across the UK.
Cycle Network infrastructure
Stevenage benefits from over 40Km of segregated cycle networks ensuring travel around Stevenage is simple and fast.
Stevenage benefits from hyper fast broadband levels for businesses and residents across the town. The public sector continues to invest in the digital Infrastructure to meet the wider needs of its business community.